To-Die-For New York-style cheesecake recipe
Cheesecake, mmmmh cheeeesecaaake. I could end the blog text here, and for the fans of this cake, it would make sense. But cheesecake is like a religion. Every country has one, but sadly we can’t seem to agree. Japan has a fluffy version, which jiggles it’s quite satisfying to see it shake. England has a heavier version than even the Americans who have an array of baked cheesecake. In Europe, they also have an unbaked version, which is a bit lighter.
I am no exception to the fandom. When I was younger, I lived in America and got in contact with cheesecake for the first time. Let’s just say whenever it was on the menu. I always asked my mom if I could have a piece. So I will gladly share my recipe. If you are going to eat it by your self GOOD LUCK!!!
New York-style Cheesecake
- Baking Tray
- Baking paper
- Baking springform (Ø 20 cm/ 8 inch if you want a high cake use a 16cm/ 6.5 inch)
- Electric mixer
- 150 grams Graham Crackers
- 50 grams Sugar
- 75 grams Melted butter
- 750 grams Mon Chou / Cream Cheese
- 150 grams Sugar
- 30 grams Flour
- ½ Lemon zest
- ½ Vanilla bean
- 150 grams egg About 3 eggs
- 40 grams egg yokes about 2 yoke
- 125 grams crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
- Crush the graham crackers by hand / machine or if you are having a rough day, ziplock bag and a rolling pin/mallet.
- When you have crumbs add the sugar and melted butter and mix.
- Line the bottom of the springform with baking paper and press in the crumble.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then take it out and let it cool.
- Put the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and whisk it until smooth (about half a minute).
- Add the sugar and mix. Add the flour and mix. Add the lemon zest and vanilla and mix.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks one at a time, mixing in between until smooth.
- As the final step add the crème fraîche and mix until combined (not longer!).
- Grease your cake pan / springform and pour the filling on top of the crumble and put it in the oven.
- After 15 minutes lower the temperature to 100°C / 210°F and bake for 1 hour. After this hour has passed, turn off your oven, leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour and leave the door of your oven a little open.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely before taking it out of the cake pan/springform and refrigerate for 12 hours before eating.